News and Events Around the County
• House in the Horseshoe, will host “How to Care for Grandma’s Quilt,” an heirloom care and conservation program on Saturday, October 3, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. You must register for this event. Limit items to 2 per person. Designate a specific time by going to www.eventbrite.com and typing House in the Horseshoe in the search box. Email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have registered for a specific time and provide the types of items you are bringing so our staff can be prepared to answer questions. This program is not for heirloom appraisal.
• For drug problems in the family, Narcotics Anonymous helps. Call 1-800-721-8225 for listing of local meetings.
• Join the Pickleball Club! The next meets are Tuesday, October 13 and October 27 at the Pittsboro Tennis Courts (being the Sheriff’s office) from 2-4 p.m. For more information, contact Allison Andrews with the Council on Aging at 919-542-4512.
• 2015 Homeowners and Foreclosure Prevention Workshop will be held Tuesday, October 13 at Moncure Volunteer Fire Departmnet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. the event is free and open to the public.
• Pack 924 of Siler City First United Methodist Church meets on Tuesdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Boys grades 1 through 5 are welcome. Come join the Cub Scouts!
• Chatham Street Rod Cruise In will be held Saturday,October 3 from 5 p.m. until… at Sonic/AutoZone on US64, Siler City. For information, call Jeff McDaniel at 919-663-2358. Stop by and enjoy classic cars along with 50/60’s music.
• The Chatham County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet Thursday,October 8 at 7 p.m. in the conference room downstairs in the Agriculture Building in Pittsboro. This is an open meeting. To confirm the meeting or for additional information, call the office at 919-542-8240.
• Boy Scout Troop 93 in Pittsboro each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Harold Boone Scout Park on Hwy64W, just past CCCC. Open to boys ages 11-17. Visit www.bstroo
p92.org to find out more.
• If you are interested in becoming a Foster and/or Adoptive Parent in Chatham County, call 919-642-6956 to learn more about the foster and adoption program.
• Pack 900 in Bear Creek meets Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Meroney’s U.M.C. following the school calendar. See http://pack900.com for more information.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. Call the help line at 1-866-640-0180 for meeting schedule for Alamance, Caswell, Chatham and Orange Counties.
• The Motorcycle Association for Chatham, Western Wake, Lee, Orange and Alamance counties meets in Pittsboro and is open to all riders. For information, call 919-392-3939 or visit: www.chathamCBA.com.