News and Events Around the County
• Spring Into Safety and the 13th annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held Saturday, March 28 from 10 to 2 p.m. at C.C.C.C., Pittsboro Campus. There will be lots of children’s activities. Don’t forget to bring your own egg basket! Safe Kids Chatham in con- junction withChathamCountyParks and Recreation also presents Spring into Safety, highlighting lots of safety tips. Join the event for games and activities, entertainment, and concessions available for purchase.
• The Family, Career and Community Leaders of America of Jordan-Matthews High School will sponsor Discount Barber Shop Days in the barbering department at the school on March 25 and 26 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Special price on cuts, press and curls, and eye brow touch-ups. Money will be donated to theUNCCancerHospital. Come support the students sponsoring this event. For more information, call 919-742-5341.
• Join the Durham Symphony Orchestra, under the direction of Maestro William Henry Curry, for a theatrical afternoon of music on Sunday, April 19, at 4 p.m. at Riverside High School Auditorium, 3218 Rose of Sharon Road, Durham. For more information, visit the Durham Symphony web site at www.durhamsymphony.org.
• The New Hope Audubon Society (Chatham,DurhamandOrangeCounties) monthly meeting will be held Thursday, April 2 at 7 p.m. at theNorth CarolinaBotanical GardeninChapel Hill. Pamela Bayne from theTriangleWildlifeRehabCenterwill present the program “Does This Bird Need Saving?” She will present information on how to identify what birds need to be rescued, and the role of a wildlife rehabilitation center. The meeting is free and open to the public.
• There will be a Legal Aid Know-Your-Rights workshop, “Do-It-Yourself Custody Workshop” on Tuesday, April 14 at 2:30 p.m. at the Legal Aid of NC,959 East Street, Suite A&B, Pittsboro. Call 919-542-0475 the day before clinic to confirm that there are no changes. Attendance is open to the public at no cost.
• White Pines Nature Preserve will host a Trail Crew Volunteer Day on Saturday, March 28, April 25 and May 9 from 9 a.m. until noon. The Preserve is located at548 South Rocky River Road,Sanford. Looking for volunteers to help maintain and improve the properties. We will also be working on establishing new trails and rerouting existing ones. Volunteers should be 12 years of age or older and those under 18 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• Chatham Hospital, UNC Health Care, invites you to join them for discussion about setting healthy boundaries with your adult children based on Allison Bottke’s Six steps to Hope and Healing for Struggling Parents, a 12-week program, Mondays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Chatham Hospital, large conference room in the Main Building. There is no fee to participate, but the book is available for purchase. Group will meet Monday, March 30.