News and Events Around the County
• Seagrove Potters celebrate the sixth annual Celebration of Spring in Seagrove when they present the spring kiln openings and studio tours, April 26 and 27, with over 65 potters participating. There will also be pottery demonstrations, refreshments, door prized, and more.
• There will be a green burial information session, open to the public, at the Library in Pittsboro on Tuesday , April 22 — Earth Day — at 6 p.m. in the Holmes Room. “Going Out Green” will have an interactive format with lots of participation from attendees focused on three questions: How Do We Bury Our Dead Now? What is Green Burial? and Where Can I Find More Details? The event will be hosted by Piedmont Pine Coffins.
• The Community Choruses of Fearrington — the Village Voices, Harmony Grits, and Fearringtones — under the direction of Matt Fry will present their spring concert, “You and I and the Music,” Wednesday, May 7 at 7:30 at the Barn atFearringtonVillage. Admission will be charged at the door.
• The annual Cameron Spring Antiques Street fair will be held Saturday, May 3 from 9 to 5. One day only, rain or shine, with food, refreshments, and parking by local churches and civic groups. All antique shops will be open plus 250 outside dealers. 910-245-1231/910-245-3020, www.antiquesofcameron.com.
• The Students For Sustainability Club (S4S) at C.C.C.C. will host a fun and educational Earth Day from 4 p.m. to 6 on Tuesday, April 22, at the Pittsboro campus. The free, family-friendly event includes exhibits, demonstrations, presentations, children’s activities, and entertainment. Its purpose is to encourage and assist people in understanding the importance of and gaining skills to live sustainably. These students are building a 512-square-foot “green” Chatham Cottage that will be open to visitors.
• Chatham County GOP Special monthly meeting series – Thursday, April 17th - 7:15 pm - Historic Courthouse in Pittsboro with Joe Glasson, past chair, Chatham County Economic Development Corporation, Board of Directors. Then, Monday, May 12 at 7 p.m. in the Ag Auditorium in Pittsboro with Hal Weatherman, Chief of Staff for Dan Forest, Lt. Governor of NC.
• Free Medicare Seminar on Wed, April 30th from 10:20 am -11:40 am at theWesternChathamSeniorCenter,112 Village Lake Drive,SilerCity. To register, call Brett Moraes at (919) 542-4512. The seminar is open to anyone new to Medicare or to those with questions.