News and Events Around the County
• The American Legion will meet Tuesday, November 25 at the Dry Dock Restaurant at 6:30 for its annual Veteran’s Day celebration. The post will pay for a member and a guest. We will also present our Lawman of the Year Award.
• “Community” Appreciation Day will be held Monday, November 24 at 108 Village Lake Road, Siler City, hosted by Community Home Care & Hospice, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., floating. Light refreshments will be provided. Everyone is invited to meet our team of caregivers.
• Games for Change, will be held at Tyson’s CreekFamilyLifeCenter, hosted as a senior project for C.C.H.S. with all proceeds going to James A. Cawood Elementary 4th grade class. Registration begins at 2 with games beginning at 3. There will be a “3 on 3 basketball tournament”, along with Corn Hole games. No fees! All donations!! There will be food, beverages, live music, with fun for all. Any questions, call Hayley Hayes at 919-548-1914 or Anissa Gaber at 919-770-5188.
• Third Friday Christmas Kick Off will be held at Raleigh Street Gallery on November 21 from 6 to 9 p.m. Drop by and enjoy a complimentary cup of warm cider along with a freshly baked cookie. They are located at120 West Raleigh StreetinSilerCity.
• Join the Council on Aging for a Christmas Arrangements class on Tuesday, December 2 at 3 p.m. at thePittsboroSeniorCenter. For more information, contact Lindsay at (919) 542-4512.
• Durham Art Walk Holiday Market, Saturday, November 22, 10 a.m. – 5 and Sunday, November 23, 1-5 p.m., in downtown Durham. This is a free event, rain or shine! Over 200 artists in multiple downtown locations, all within easy walking distance. Besides art, there will be music, food, family activities and the DAC’s 60th Anniversary Open House! Get your map and start your tour at the Durham Arts Council,120 Morris Street,Durham. 919-560-2787 www.durhamartwalk.com.
• Pittsboro Serenity Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets Mondays at 7 p.m. at St. Bartholomew Episcopal Church. Contact Jennifer at 914-213-9323 for more information. The church is located at 204 West Salisbury Street, Pittsboro. Park on Rectory Streetand enter through side door, meeting is in the Fellowship Hall. Al-Anon is a group for friends and families of alcoholics. www.alanonalateen6nc.org.
• Liberty Stoneware and Emmaus Farm invite you to a farm open house. Come see a wood-firing salt glaze kiln and peruse decorated stoneware pottery fired in it. Also, see what is growing on our developing sustainable farm. A walking tour of the farm will take place at 2 p.m., but tours will generally be led all day!
• The 24th Annual Education Lecture Luncheon sponsored by the Central Carolina Black Nurses’ Council, Inc. will be held December 6 from 11 am to 1:30 at theFridayCenterinChapel Hill. The keynote speaker is Dr. Angelo D. Moore, RN, a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army, currently the Deputy Chief for Nursing Science and Clinical Inquiry for the Northern Regional Medical Command atFortBragg. Minimum donation applies, and will support scholarships to local nursing students. Tickets can be obtained until December 2 from members or by calling 919-303-9686 or 919-491-9121.