News and Events Around the County
• Celebrate with us as we launch Legacy Care, a program that allows pet owners to plan ahead for the care of their beloved dogs and cats. We currently work withChatham, Caswell, andOrangeCountyshelters. Paws4ever Legacy Care Open House will be held Saturday, September 13 from 2 to 4 p.m., at6311 Nicks Roadin Mebane.
• Caregiver Support Group Meetings will be held, Monday, September 15 at 6 p.m. atPittsboroSeniorCenter. For more information, contact Brett Moraes at 919-542-4512.
• Luke Scala, Community Service Deputy with the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office, will be the guest speaker at the next meeting of the Southeast Chatham Citizen’s Advisory Council on Tuesday, September 16, at 7 p.m. at the Moncure Volunteer Fire Department.
• Grief Support Group sponsored by UNC Hospice will be held at Fearrington Cares Fridays, September 19 – November 7, 1:30 to 3 p.m. The group is complimentary and open to the community. For further information and to register contact Ann Ritter. 919.542.5545 or email@example.com.
• Pittsboro Serenity Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets on Mondays at 7 p.m., at St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church in the fellowship hall. Park onRectory Streetand enter through the side door. The church is located at204 West Salisbury Street. For more information on Al-Anon, contact Jennifer at 914-213-9323. It is a group for friends and families of alcoholics.
• Swift Creek Band will perform a free concert on September 23 at 7 p.m. at theArtsCenter, 300G East Main Streetin Carrboro. The concert is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Orange,DurhamandChathamCountiesand celebrates National Voter Registration Day.
The League will provide voter information and registration forms for those who need to register to vote or update their address.
• The Veterans Jobs Initiative from Sandhills MOAA and the Moore County Chamber will be held Wednesday, September 17 at noon atAberdeenLakeParkinAberdeento informMooreCountyemployers of the competitive advantage created by hiring a veteran. A light lunch will be served after the presentations. The H2H Job Store will be open for employers and veteran job seekers interested in registering and exploring the opportunities available inMooreCounty.
• The Community Grant Program of the Galloway Ridge Inc., Charitable Fund is accepting grant applications from Chatham County 501(c)(3) organizations, from Chatham County Public Schools, and other Chatham County governmental units. Completed applications are due by 4 p.m., October 13. Apps are available by contacting Vickie Highlund at firstname.lastname@example.org.To request the grant application package, contact: Vickie Highlund, Executive Assistant, Galloway Ridge, Inc., 3000 Galloway Ridge,Pittsboro,NC27312.
• Support Northwood and you could win $10,000! Northwood’s BFAA will hold a major fundraising event Saturday, September 20. The main event is a reverse raffle which awards $10,000 to one lucky ticket holder (400 tickets sold). Visit http://www.nhsbf aa.org today to purchase your raffle ticket before they’re all gone! Or you can make a donation of a one-time $60 payment or at least $5 a month, for a year to the NHSBFAA and be entered to win a 2006 Volkswagen Convertible Bug! Information on both chances available at http://www.nhsbfaa.org.