News and Events Around the County
• New Hope Audubon Society Jordan Lake Eagle Count will be held Sunday, April 13 at 7 a.m. All levels of eagle counters are needed. Contact Steve McMurray at email@example.com. Hiking Trail Development Work will be held April 19 at 9 a.m. at the Jordan Lake Eagle Viewing Platform site on Martha’s Chapel Road. If you plan to attend, have questions, or need more information, contact Tom Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Spread the news about your business or non-profit organization’s mission. Join us at Wake-Up Wednesday on April 16. Networking begins at 8 at the Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro. The program runs from 8:30-9:30. Admission includes a fresh, hot breakfast. The featured speaker for the month will be Heather Johnson with Chatham Business Services andCHATHAM magazine.
• Rachel Burton and Chris Ehrenfeld, members of the Board of Directors of Chatham Economic Development Corporation, will be the guest speakers at the next meeting of the Southeast Chatham Citizen’s Advisory Council on Tuesday, April 15, at 7 p.m. at the Moncure Volunteer Fire Department.
• If you tried to sign up for Affordable Care Act health insurance by March 31 but couldn’t, you can still sign up until April 15, either online, by phone or with free help at the Pittsboro Library Thursday, April 10 from 12 to 3; Saturday, April 12, 9 to 1; Monday, April 14 from 12 to 3; Tuesday, April 15 from 9 to 7:45. ChathamCares for Health, 919-270-7162.
• The 12th annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held at C.C.C.C., Pittsboro Campus Saturday, April 12 from 10 a.m. until 2. Hunt times: 10:30, birth – 4 years; 11, ages 5-7; and 11:30, ages 8 and up. There will be children’s games, conces-sions, bounce houses and more. This event is free to the public. Don’t forget Easter Baskets, eggs are provided! Sponsored byChathamCountyParks and Recreation.
• The Chatham County GOP kicks off a series of monthly meetings on April 17th at the Historic Courthouse in Pittsboro. The first speaker will be Joe Glasson, the Past Chair of the Chatham County Economic Development Corporation (EDC) Board of Directors. The meeting will begin at 7:15 p.m. Joe will discuss three major projects currently proposed forChathamCounty- the two Megasites andChathamPark.
• The Carolina Mountain Dulcimers will meet on April 17, at the Carol Woods Retirement Community in Chapel Hillat 7 p.m Beginners, experts, and all stringed instruments welcome. For more information and directions, contact Shirley Ray at ShirleyRay@aol.com or 919-929-5359.